BAT – Fruitport – MI
Phone: (616) 935-3121
Busche Aluminum Technologies is looking for a 2nd shift CMM Technician to join our Quality Department. Shift hours are 2pm – 10:30pm.
SUMMARY: The incumbent runs CMM programs to check castings, tooling and gages for adherence to design specifications in order to assure consistent production of castings within design specifications and tolerances. In addition, the incumbent performs product audits and acts as the quality representative at designated times
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Layout castings and tooling to current CAD files or drawings and run CMM programs on parts, tooling and gages
- Ensure CMM programs are to current revision levels
- Prepare and analyze reports on testing results
- Interpret technical drawings as it relates to CMM operation
- Perform gage calibration
- Prepare calibration inspection reports
- Gage R&R studies
- Maintain gages including cleaning, minor repair work, and general maintenance
- Prepare gages to be sent out for calibration – packing and shipping
- Use of various types of precision inspection tools
- Conversion of Imperial measurements to Metric measurements
- Tag parts, tools and gages
- Perform quality audits and communicate results as directed
- Assist in quality product purges
- Respond to production help chain calls
- Quarantine suspect material and establish a clean point
- Assist Quality Engineer as necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Act as Quality representative at designated times
- Performing general housekeeping duties in work areas as well as tools and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. These requirements are, however, subject to the discretion of the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read and understand work instructions.
- Must be able to write and complete required paperwork.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and ability to understand basic level Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry.
- Must have experience using Windows and using Excel.
- Blueprint reading skills are highly preferred.
- Familiarity with gage calibration, gage R&R, GD&T, and Layout are preferred.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs intermittently
- Standing/Walking 30%
- Sitting 40%
- Stooping 15%
- Lifting 15%
- Medical, dental and vision after 30 days of service.
- 401k with company match after 90 days of service.
- Company paid basic life, short/long-term disability
- Company paid uniforms
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation during 1st year of employment – 40 hours at 6 months, 40 hours upon 1st anniversary.
- Monthly Incentive Bonuses