Busche Aluminum Technologies is hiring Machinists for 2nd shift. Starting base pay is $16/hr and higher with a $.50 shift differential. Work hours for 2nd shift is 2pm-10:30pm.
SUMMARY: The incumbent analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes and milling machine to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Programming of CNC controls using basic “G” code.
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces and power grinders, and fits and assembles parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Communicate information to next shift operator or lead person.
- Identify problems that arise during machining operation and correct them before the job goes to the next operation.
- Use a variety of shop equipment to build components
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. These requirements are, however, subject to the discretion of the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two (2) years CNC machining and “G” code programming experience and/or training.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in a fast paced tool shop environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, English and metric measurement.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess the ability to utilize a computer in a Windows-based environment.
- Ability to read and use measuring instruments: micrometers, calipers, hole gages and depth micrometers.
- Know and understand g code programming and have the ability to set up and run CNC milling machines for construction of 3-d mold cavities and 2-d planar milling.
Physical Requirements include the following:
- Lifting up to 15 lbs. intermittently throughout the shift
- Standing/Walking 60%
- Sitting 40%
- Stooping 15%
- Use of hand tools intermittently throughout shift 15%
- Bending from hips 75-90 degrees while using hand and power tools
- Climb stairs intermittently – 20%
- Ability to work in conditions which may include seasonal hot and humid conditions, dust, noise and other elements for extended periods of time.
Please complete the job interest form to receive application.
Resumes can be submitted to BuscheHR-MI@buschegroup.com.